Montreal, November 12, 2021 – Enerkem, a world leader in the production of biofuels from waste materials, is proud to have achieved a major breakthrough in converting carbon from forest biomass into sustainable aviation fuel (SAF) using its proprietary thermochemical process. This important milestone was achieved at Enerkem’s Innovation Centre in Westbury, Quebec. It will be followed by the demonstration phase, which will lead to commercialization in the near future. This research is part of The Sky’s the Limit Challenge organized by Natural Resources Canada and for which Enerkem was selected as a finalist.
- Advocating Ambitious Climate Targets, Investment Security and Integration of Advanced Biofuels in EU Legislation for 2040
- LanzaJet elevates sustainable fuels agenda as a new member of the Advanced Biofuels Coalition
- Colabit maps the road to a fossil-free future as a new member of Advanced Biofuels Coalition
- Dimeta and Rinnai team up on greener gas appliances
- Dimeta and Enerkem Collaborate on Large Scale Waste-to-DME Projects in Europe and the USA