Montreal, November 12, 2021 – Enerkem, a world leader in the production of biofuels from waste materials, is proud to have achieved a major breakthrough in converting carbon from forest biomass into sustainable aviation fuel (SAF) using its proprietary thermochemical process. This important milestone was achieved at Enerkem’s Innovation Centre in Westbury, Quebec. It will be followed by the demonstration phase, which will lead to commercialization in the near future. This research is part of The Sky’s the Limit Challenge organized by Natural Resources Canada and for which Enerkem was selected as a finalist.
- Dimeta and Rinnai team up on greener gas appliances
- Dimeta and Enerkem Collaborate on Large Scale Waste-to-DME Projects in Europe and the USA
- Advanced Biofuels Coalition appoints new chair and executive body
- Sustainable fuels critical to tackling off-grid energy: Advanced Biofuels Coalition welcomes Dimeta as a new member
- The EU should recognize advanced biofuels that have the potential to be net zero as key technology to support defossilization of the EU economy