Montreal, November 12, 2021 – Enerkem, a world leader in the production of biofuels from waste materials, is proud to have achieved a major breakthrough in converting carbon from forest biomass into sustainable aviation fuel (SAF) using its proprietary thermochemical process. This important milestone was achieved at Enerkem’s Innovation Centre in Westbury, Quebec. It will be followed by the demonstration phase, which will lead to commercialization in the near future. This research is part of The Sky’s the Limit Challenge organized by Natural Resources Canada and for which Enerkem was selected as a finalist.
- Debate: ‘Accelerating energy independence and emission reductions: The role of advanced biofuels in transport’.
- Accelerating energy independence and emission reductions: The role of advanced biofuels in transport | 06 September 2022
- Praj partners with IOCL to launch First-of-It’s-Kind and Asia’s First 2G Ethanol Biorefinery
- Increased interest in advanced biofuels as interest rapidly grows in the maritime sector: Advanced Biofuels Coalition welcomes GoodFuels as new member
- The Advanced Biofuels Coalition (LSB) statement on the need to accelerate domestic renewables and on the ‘REPowerEU’ communication: renewables targets require reinforcing